Hello everyone! With high anticipation, it’s finally time to announce our opening. We’ve worked so hard fixing up the new location, electric, plumbing, painting, new floors, etc. It’s crazy how fast time went by after announcing our intended goal of opening our own shop. As some of you may know, we had planned on opening earlier. Unfortunately, we were delayed because of the necessary repairs of the building, inspections, etc. We just got inspected this past week, and I didn’t want to announce anything until that passed.
This is a totally new experience for Urban Churn, and I hope everyone will enjoy what we’ll provide. This upcoming week will be a soft week. We’ll announce a ‘celebration week’ once we have our feet better planted. Below is the brief information in regards to our opening. For those who backed our campaign, I’m sending emails out today regarding the soft-opening invitations, certificates, etc. When you arrive this week, we request that you submit to us your suggestions, recommendations or any praise you may have so we know what to fix moving forward.
We will have ” Introductory Stages”. This means we’ll be rolling out new items to the menu as well as physical additions to the shop such as a mural by a local artist. More information on what we’ll introduce over time will be at the end of this note.
When: Opening Friday, April 19th.
Time – 11:30am – 8:30pm
Location: 1004 North 3rd Street, Harrisburg PA 17102
- Monday – CLOSED ( We receive fresh dairy every Mondays and need time to churn
- Tuesday – CLOSED ( We’ll open on Tuesdays later this summer, for now, we’ll use Tuesdays to churn ).
- Wednesday: 11:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Thursday: 11:30 am – 7:30 pm
- Friday: 11:30am – 8:30 pm
- Saturday: 11:30 am – 8:30 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
—- Menu: —-
- Salted Caramel
- 24 Hour Coffee
- Vegan Salted Caramel
- Susquehanna Mud Slide – A Special Flavour, Partnered with ‘Explore HBG’ (More Information Coming Soon).
- Honey, Lemon & Lavender.
- Single $3.00
- Double $4.00
- Three $5.00
- Four $6.00
In – House Cones: $2.00
Pints To Go: $6.00
Ice Cream Floats:
$5.00 – Flavours to be introduced over time.
Moka Pot Affogatos
( Hot Brewed Moka Espresso poured over your choice of ice cream with in-house whipped cream and local PA honey. We will rotate with local coffee roasters. )
- Petite: $4.00
- Regular: $6.00
Cold Brew Affogatos
( Cold Brewed Elementary Coffee poured over your choice of ice cream with in-house whipped cream and local PA honey )
- Petite: $4.00
- Regular: $6.00
- Small: $4.00
- Regular: $6.00
Frozen Baked Desserts:
Baklava Ice Cream Sandwich: $6.00 (Made By Phyllo)
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches: $5.00 ( From Raising The Bar)
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwich: $5.00 ( From Raising The Bar)
Lemon Bar Sundae ( Lemon Bar with a scoop of either Vanilla or Lemon Lavender & Honey Ice Cream on top with whipped cream, lemon zest, and a waffle square.) ( From Raising The Bar): $6.00
Doggie Ice cream: $5.00
We’ll be offering doggie ice cream. Flavours will be all natural and healthy, rotating regularly. We will offer outdoor seating so you can hang with your pupper(s). This will be a part of the ‘Introductory Phase’ to be released in a few weeks.
- Special Notes: We will not have sprinkles or toppings at the start. Over time we will offer in-house toppings such as lemon zest, crushed oreo’s, etc.
We will have 3 Introductory stages/phases of new products and additions to our shop.
Stage 1 – Beginning of May
- We will introduce a new indoor mural to be painted by Stephen Haas
- We look to offer ice cream pint deliveries of Vanilla, Chocolate, Mint Chip, Coffee, and Salted Caramel, Doggie Ice Cream, as well as any of our frozen baked desserts through Grubhub*! (Delivery Provider May Change).
Stage 2 – End of May – Beginning of June
- We will start making our own sodas! I’m all about tradition, so we’ll be making our own Traditional Root Beer, using REAL spices/ingredients, NO EXTRACTS, and NO SYRUPS. We will also offer it on tap!
- We will also be offering doggie ice cream.
- We will offer outdoor seating with lights so you can hang in the evenings.
Stage 3 – June
- We will extend the menu with additional desserts
- We will offer different flavoured in-house waffle cones.
We have more ideas, but we’ll tackle them one at a time 😉
- Our stand in the Broad Street Market will remain open!
- Parking is metered Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. So please keep that in mind.
- We will offer a club membership where you’ll receive monthly discounts and giveaways so stay tuned for that.
If I forgot anything, I’ll be posting on our Facebook page, so please keep an eye out.
Thank you, everyone! I am both excited and nervous about the opening. I find the fulfillment of what I do by knowing you all appreciate what we have to offer.